Identify Where You Want to Reach

This may sound very easy but I feel this is the most important and unsolved questions in our lives and work. Once we figure out where we eventually want to reach, the path to reach it can only then be worked out.



In life, we often reach points where we have multiple choices. Selecting one becomes very difficult and gives us sleepless nights. We feel scared that we may make a wrong choice and we may end up wasting time and resources.

When Beveragewala closed down, I went through along and mentally exasperating period of life. I did not what to do. I thought I can study more, startup again, get a job, freelance and so on. Everyday I used to think positively about one option in the morning and by the end of the day, I used to turn quite negative about it not because the options were not suitable for me, but because I was unsure whether it would turn out to be the best for me. This went on for a quite long.

One day I decided to make a word document about where I wish to reach in the long term. Once I was able to identify that, the path seemed much more clear for me. From the eventual goal I Had in mind, I started working backward and was able to identify what I needed to do in the shorter term to reach my long term.



This is a strategy which works in your work, family life and also in life in general. Always start with the longer term goal (vision) and the path to it becomes much easier to identify.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about this post?