Invest in Yourself!



When we think of investing, the first things which come to our minds are property, shares, bonds etc. We tend to forget the most important asset we possess, OURSELVES.

I am my biggest and most productive asset. I believe that we must first think of investing in ourselves, be it by doing a course to add a skill set, going for that $300 spa to calm me down, visiting new places to learn from them and also relax myself and so on. Investing in myself has several advantages

- It's Permanent: What I do for myself stays with me forever.

- It's Value Additive: All things I do for myself keep getting added to things I have previously done, thereby creating greater value through a compounding effect.

- It's Protected from External Factors: All investments have external factors and risks associated with them.

- It's the Asset you Know the Best About: Since you need to invest in an asset which you know the best about, investment in yourself makes sense.


So I think it's time we realise that our best investment option is to invest in ourselves first, and then look outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about this post?