‘Me Too’ Startups


A Me Too startup is one which copies the business model of an existing player. This happens in every Industry, especially once a player from that space becomes prominent. In India, I have witnessed a number of such cases. Grofers became popular, a number of hyperlocal commerce players came in. Oyo Rooms became popular, a number of me too startups entered this space. Most me too startups enter with 2 goals in mind; either they can create their own little space in the Industry or they can get bought out by the bigger players.

So can these startups succeed? Yes, they can if the market us big enough to accommodate them. Entering the market (generally in an upcoming location) and scaling up fast is key here.

Despite this, I feel it is very difficult for most me too startups to survive. With the risk of the giants eating up your market share through better pricing and rewards, me too startups can survive only if you have financial and management resources to back you up.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, nice informative post as regards marketing tips on small business, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. healthful further to supportive weblog I take a look at simply right now. Its author without a doubt has a great statistics about essay writing skills due to the fact I can also faux some expert competencies to some increase. marketing for startup

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say about this post?