Should I Start a Tech Business?


With technology and the internet being the major hunting grounds for new startup ideas, this question comes up time and again. Budding entrepreneurs deciding they want to start an e-commerce company or a tech company without knowing what to do or sell is quite common. I am not too sure if this is the right way to approach things.

Technology for me is just an enabler, i.e. a way to do things. What has to be done has to be decided first. For example, I felt that there should be a place where tea lovers can come, read about and buy their favourite teas. I felt e-commerce was the right model which could be used to reach wider audience. Hence came about Beveragewala.com.

So to sum it up, I feel that right question should be –

‘I want to start a ??? business. Will using tech create value in this?’

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about this post?